How it Works
Register as an individual member by completing the Membership Commitment Form and email it. Full instructions can be found at the bottom of the registration form.
As an individual member you must commit to donating $100 per meeting for each of the 4 meetings in the calendar year. (March, June, September, Dec.)
Each individual member can submit a Charity Nomination Form to nominate an organization of their choice for consideration. Forms must be received by the Thursday prior to the meeting.
Three local charities will be randomly chosen the Friday before the next meeting. The member who nominated that charity or the organization that the member has nominated, will have the opportunity to make a 5-minute presentation about the charity to the group. Note: You do have the option not to nominate a charity if you so desire, but you must fulfill your $100 commitment per meeting.
After the three presentations, each individual member will vote for one of the three chosen charities. Note: You are allowed 1 vote per individual member.
After all votes are tallied, each individual member will write a cheque totalling $100 to the charity receiving the most votes. The selected charity will receive a donation depending on the number of members. So 50 Men $5,000, 100 Men equals $10,000, 150 Men $15,000.
PREPARING TO PRESENT YOUR CHARITY
The presentation is to be no longer than five (5) minutes. It should include the following information:
- What is the name of the charity?
- Where is the organization located?
- What is the mission of the charity?
- What purpose does the charity serve? (Who do they serve? What do they do? How do they do it?)
- How would the charity benefit from receiving the donation?
- How will the funds be used?
- What other sources of funding does the charity have?
- Describe your personal interactions with the charity or how you learned of the charity?
IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO ATTEND THE MEETING
For those men who are unable to attend please fill out the Proxy Ballot Form. You can give another member authority to vote on your behalf as long as they present the Proxy Ballot form AND a cheque for $100 on your behalf.